Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank You

On Thursday of this week tables will be filled with all manner of food and good fellowship. People who haven’t prayed all year long will bow their heads and pray like they do it every day. Homes that normally do not observe anything religious will find reasons for moments of silence and words of warmth and thanks to God, after all its Thanksgiving.

But to somehow make thanksgiving a holiday or to hallow it as a special day of the year is a bit like telling your wife you love her only on your anniversary. While your anniversary is a noteworthy day and one worthy of recognition I think I can speak for most women when I say she would rather have a little love everyday than a lot of love only one day of the year. A little love everyday simply says, “you are always on my mind.” This is the same principle of Thanksgiving, a little thankfulness everyday sends a message to God that we do not take Him for granted and that we are aware of His daily presence in our lives. As I reflect on my life here are my top three things that I am thankful for…..

1. MY FAITH- Obviously my relationship with Christ is of paramount importance. But my thankfulness rests in the fact that I remember the pathetic and horrid reality of my lost condition and how far I was from him. Because He never gave up on me and loved me in my wretched condition I cannot help but feel the deepest and most sincere gratitude for this place in Him that I did not nor do not deserve. LORD I THANK YOU FOR MY FAITH.

2. MY FAMILY- My wife and children, my parents and my brothers as well as my aunts, uncles, grandmothers and cousins, all of my family has enriched my life and are truly the things that make life full and complete. It is so important that we not allow what we don’t have in life to blind us from the things that we do have because the things we do have are really the most important anyway. LORD I THANK YOU FOR MY FAMILY.

3. MY FUTURE- Now I know that no one is promised tomorrow but if the Lord allows me to live and continue to work for Him I have to say that my heart is filled with great anticipation at the prospects of where the church and I are going. The scriptures in Jeremiah say that the thoughts that God thinks towards us are full of blessing and not cursing so that a bright and blessed future might be established not just for the kingdom but for us as well. It has been the honor of my life to serve the Lord as a minister of the gospel and truly believe the best is yet to come. LORD I THANK YOU FOR MY FUTURE.

I pray you and your family have the best Thanksgiving ever, until next week remember what the Psalmist said, “IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD.”

All for Christ, J.Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment